We switched to a manual approval system for registration on this forum, as this makes it easier to keep bots out of the forum. We'll approve everybody who doesn't look like a bot!

#lockdownWriting To Keep Us Motivated In Times of COVID-19

edited March 17 in General

Hello everyone.

I do not know how the current situation is going for you folks, but after being confined to home office, my daily routine broke down almost immediately. I am a person who deeply depends on social interaction for staying productive and keeping up. That is: I work better when I know other people in my proximity are working too, be it in the office or in the café.

This is why I came up with the idea to revive something I learned about a few years ago. Some Twitter account (unfortunately I forgot which one) had the habit of doing weekly write-ups, where people would come together on Twitter to start doing two Pomodoro-rounds (that is, 2x25 minutes of writing with a short 5min break). I figured that is the best we can do both to ourselves and to our friends and family, preventing the spread of the virus while at the same time raising our mood through collective events! I call it "lockdown writing" for obvious reasons, and we just had the first session today.

I plan on doing this every weekday from now on until the quarantine is lifted. However, as I reside in central Europe, our most productive time is not the same as for people in other parts of the world, so in case anyone wants to moderate such lockdown writing sessions for other timezones, please get in touch and I'll edit this post to include your session times as well!

Let's collaborate to make this a win-win situation for both our productive writing and risk-group people who can stay safe as we keep our urge to leave the house low!

• 11 a.m. Central European Time
    • Announced via: https://twitter.com/zettlr
    • Modus: 2x25min with 5min break
    • Monday through Friday, on Weekends optional (announced in advance)

Accompanying post on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Zettlr/comments/fk3jwy/lockdownwriting_to_keep_us_motivated_in_times_of/