We are currently planning to migrate to a different platform for the forum. We will announce this fact both here and on Twitter, once we have settled on a solution.

Looking for the 'hide date' option

JmeJme
edited April 12 in General

Hi Zettlr Community!

Hope everyone is fine and healthy. I'm looking for the option that makes it possible to hide the date & time in the tree view.

I know it's possible because I see that on the website:

But in my Zettlr I have both the date and time and the ID:

It would be nice to hide the date and time here, since it's already in the ID and not something that carriers information. But I cannot find that option in the settings window and neither in the docs.

Thanks in advance for suggestions!

Comments

• Currently, it's either all or nothing; but you can switch off the file meta in the settings, so that the section is hidden altogether!

• Thanks for the reply!

Hmm. If I disable the file information I only end up with the titles. And not the titles plus ID like the image on the website shows.

Can I make a feature request on GitHub to optionally disable showing the date? :smile:

Have a nice weekend!

• If you could live without for the time being, better not, as I'm currently drowning in feature requests <.<

• No problem, it's a visual enhancement wish rather than an actual problem/issue. So it's no problem at all.

• Just thought there might be one chance to hide the date: Using custom CSS rules!

body.dark #file-list div.container div.list-item div.meta .date {
      display: none;
    }

This snippet should work to hide the dates!

• JmeJme
    edited May 1

Thank you! The snippet works great, thanks! :)

I think we can consider this topic solved. :)