We switched to a manual approval system for registration on this forum, as this makes it easier to keep bots out of the forum. We'll approve everybody who doesn't look like a bot!

Using **Bookends** rather than Zotero

I am capturing my zettelkasten notes in Zettl using a Dropbox folder. On my iOS devices I use 1Writer. This all works very well. However I capture referenced on Bookends and not Zotero. I have downloaded Pandoc and LaTex but I am not getting much further. Could anyone help? Thank you.

Comments

• If Bookends can export to BibTex or CSL JSON, you can use that as well. Simply load in a BibTex-exported database from Bookends. A direct API is not supported as of now.

• edited April 25

@hendrik said:
    If Bookends can export to BibTex or CSL JSON, you can use that as well. Simply load in a BibTex-exported database from Bookends. A direct API is not supported as of now.

I too am interested in this cross-compatibility. Has anyone gotten this to work? I've exported my .bib file from Bookends and loaded it into Zettlr, but nothing populates when I type the citation command. Any suggestions/troubleshoots?