We switched to a manual approval system for registration on this forum, as this makes it easier to keep bots out of the forum. We'll approve everybody who doesn't look like a bot!

page numbers with citation

Hi, I'm new to zettlr and still learning many of the awesome features.

I'm using zotero for citations, it's really simple and great with zettlr but when I add a page number at the end of the key in zettlr, ie p. 46 it is rendered as just the number 46. Is there a way to render it the way I have written, p. 46? My tutor insists the letter is needed. I have just manually altered my paper in Libre office after export for my first assignment but I have 2 more years of papers to write so would love this to be automatic.
Thanks in advance and sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, (I couldn't find it in the forum or manual but may have missed something)

Comments

• ie p. 46 it is rendered as just the number 46. Is there a way to render it the way I have written, p. 46

Yes, it really depends upon the citation style being used.

I personally tend to be very explicit, so I'll write [prefix @citeKey, p. 23-45], and the various CSL engines involved (citeproc in Zettlr as well as pandoc) will automatically detect "p = page reference" (also "§ = section, not a page") and then the CSL style file involved will handle it as it pleases — some write "p." (or "S." for German language output), and some don't. Easiest way would be to visit the Zotero style repository for inspiration!

• Thanks so much for your reply. I will check that out in the morning (greetings from australia)