We are currently planning to migrate to a different platform for the forum. We will announce this fact both here and on Twitter, once we have settled on a solution.

Collapsible List Item Help

edited May 20 in General

Hello everyone, i'm a new entry to this community. :)

I was finding a way to organize all my knowledge using markdown notes instead to use classic txt file or documents like word processing software, and i have found very interesting this project.

I'm a software enginner and i have a lot of different information to gain.

My mind works like a tree: from generic branch to specific.

I don't like to split information because i loose it: in case levels grows a lot, i will generate a specific subtree (new file).

There is a way i can organize everything in a list and collapse it ? (like a treeView)

I have notice that markdown have a limit of subchapters # Level 1, ## Level 2, ### 3 .....
the # help me because collaspe the chapter.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• I don't think this is possible with Zettlr, sorry. Markdown only has a limited number of headings, so nothing of Zettlr's fault.

The software that I do know that can expand/collapse everything to lists is Dynalist. I don't know of regular text editors that make it easy to work with a lot of lists in a single document.

Good luck!

• edited May 22

Thanks for the answer. Now i'm using the beta version Zettlr. I like a lot.

• I wonder if it's possible to allocate a keyboard shortcut just for collapsing/expanding all the headers at once?

• This sounds like a feature request for the shortuts megathread ;) --> https://github.com/Zettlr/Zettlr/issues/783

• :) Thanks for the tip!