We are currently planning to migrate to a different platform for the forum. We will announce this fact both here and on Twitter, once we have settled on a solution.

Mindforger and Zettlr together

Im testing using Mindforger and Zettlr together. I like how Mindforger developer is interested in AI and processing and analyzing text with it. For example autolinking.

Mindforger

https://mindforger.com/

MindForger is human mind inspired personal knowledge management tool.

Mindforger metadata

Mindforger inserts some metadata (tags etc.) after a heading, for example:

# HEADER <!-- Metadata: type: Note; created: 2020-05-20 19:42:15; reads: 4; read: 2020-05-20 19:42:24; revision: 2; modified: 2020-05-20 19:42:24; -->

What I would like to achieve

I would like to suppress this metadata comment string with Zettlr custom CSS. I would be glad if could make the string small font and low opacity so it would not distract me but I could see that it exists. I dont want to edit it in any way so Mindforger can still use it.

My CSS currently

My CSS currently (relevant part bolded):

/* Enter your custom CSS here */
#editor .CodeMirror-code .mute {
opacity: .6;
}
#editor.fullscreen, .CodeMirror-fullscreen { top: 0px; }
#editor .cm-comment {
opacity: .2;
}

Problem with my current CSS

The cm-comment part of my CSS affects the comment string in header, but also my code, which is surrounded by '-characters.

For example this line is now opacity 0.2:
`here is code and its surrounding code characters`

In this image, my problem is visible. Metadata is dimmed, yes, but I would like to make its font smaller, make its background color not-gray and I would like the CSS not to affect other code.

Hope I was being clear with my problem. I would like to hear if somebody else is also experimenting with Mindforger and Zettlr. I am grateful for every tip and help I am getting.

Comments

• You may be able to achieve a different styling for HTML comments in the heading by namespacing the .cm-comment-class with .size-header-1 and the like — the DevTools will be of help here.

• Thank you Hendrik. I was able to specify HTML comment and make the text string less prominent with this:

#editor .size-header-1 .cm-comment {
    opacity: .1;
    background: none;
    font-size: 1px;
    letter-spacing: 0px;
    }

• Perfect, glad it worked!