We are currently planning to migrate to a different platform for the forum. We will announce this fact both here and on Twitter, once we have settled on a solution.

Trouble with Reveal.js

edited July 4 in General

Something strange happens when I export a file with reveal.js.
Whatever the template that I choose, the html file is always with a black background and white font.

I tried to :
reinstall Zettlr
reinstall Pandoc

Nothing changes. I don't know where the problem comes from.

Any idea ?

Comments

  • You can select which theme the file is exported as at the time of export. (This might depend on which version of Zettlr you are using?)
    In 1.7.0-beta.13 the export to reveal.js button opens a theme selection, which is then used in the export.

    Alternatively, you can edit the exported file (I have not tested this extensively) e.g. At line 175 in your example:

    <link rel="stylesheet" href="https://unpkg.com/reveal.js@^4//dist/theme/black.css" id="theme">
    

    Edit black.css to be whatever theme e.g. sky.css

    Maybe it would be helpful if you could do something like include this option in a tag at the top of your markdown file in Zettlr and it would carry through to the export. You could open a request for that if you think it would help.

  • I have another problem with Zettlr 1.7.x and reveal.js. In 1.6, I can edit the file, and remove the slide numbers, navigation, progress, and de-center the slides vertically. However, with 1.7.x, the page numbers never show, and none of the changes I make in the file under zettlrRevealOptions change anything. It is like they are being ignored. As of now, I'm back to Zettlr 1.6 for exporting reveal.js. Not a big issue, but, I suspect, one you want to fix. :-)

  • @jongl said:
    I have another problem with Zettlr 1.7.x and reveal.js. In 1.6, I can edit the file, and remove the slide numbers, navigation, progress, and de-center the slides vertically. However, with 1.7.x, the page numbers never show, and none of the changes I make in the file under zettlrRevealOptions change anything. It is like they are being ignored. As of now, I'm back to Zettlr 1.6 for exporting reveal.js. Not a big issue, but, I suspect, one you want to fix. :-)

    This isn't my project, but it would likely be helpful if you opened an issue over on GitHub for this.

  • This isn't my project, but it would likely be helpful if you opened an issue over on GitHub for this.

    Someone already did this: https://github.com/Zettlr/Zettlr/issues/1003

  • Thanks for that link, removing the "$standalone$" in the advanced options creates a clean file for me that I can modify and it works. Looking forward to the next release, and now I can stop using 1.6 ;-)

Sign In or Register to comment.