We are currently planning to migrate to a different platform for the forum. We will announce this fact both here and on Twitter, once we have settled on a solution.

Interactive tutorial

edited July 15 in General

The Getting Started section of the Zettlr documentation makes mention of an interactive tutorial that should be found in the Documents folder on installation. I don't seem to have it. Was it removed in the current version of Zettlr? Where can I find it?

Tagged:

Comments

• This tutorial is only there when you first start the app. Zettlr looks for a config-file (which will be created either way), and only if it does not find such a config-file, it will assume that possibly the app is started for the first time, and then it will copy the interactive tutorial.

If you would like to have a look at the interactive tutorial, close the app, go to the application data directory, and rename your current config.json to something else (e.g. config.backup.json) and start the app again. It should then show the tutorial. After you're done, you can replace the newly created config.json with your config.backup.json again and continue working normally.

• Thank you hendrik. That wasn't clear in the documentation. I was looking for an explicit connection between zettlr and yaml. From what I can tell reading all the documentation, Zettlr dœs not require yaml header to function, but pandoc dœs, and Zettlr will make more use of it in the future. Something like that?

• Neither Zettlr nor Pandoc require YAML frontmatters, but they do make sense in certain situations. I've added a YAML documentation recently.

• I installed Zettlr. Then removed it. I reinstalled it after a couple of months. And the Tutorial is not there. I followed what is mentioned here, the Zettlr Tutorial folder is created with 3 files, one zettlr.png, references.json, and Pandoc and LaTex guide.pdf. Nothing else.
    The Zettlr Tutorial folder is empty in the app.
    This is 1.7.5 version, on Arch Linux

• Where can I find these Zettlr Tutorial files?

• I had the same issue - installed Zettlr (in Windows) but couldn't open the tutorial file... I tried to uninstall/reinstall the program a couple of times, but still had this problem.
    I think I might have fixed this by following the advice given in the Docs » First Steps » Setup section: "If you want to completely remove all data associated with the app, also remove the directory C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Zettlr"
    I restarted my PC and I'm good to go now! :)

• The tutorial will be copied & opened if Zettlr does not find a config.json in your user data directory. You don't have to trash everything, just rename the config.json, e.g. to "config.backup.json". Then on the next start it'll copy over the tutorial files.