We are currently planning to migrate to a different platform for the forum. We will announce this fact both here and on Twitter, once we have settled on a solution.

I see now why fonts in Zettlr are so large

edited July 29 in General

I've wanted to do some research on how I could get the fonts in Zettlr's editor and generated html files smaller by default for some time now.

Although I still need to do this, I just noticed why they are so very large when I was watching the "Zettlr HowTo" videos on Youtube.

This is a screenshot of Hendrik's desktop: (I don't know which resolution this would be.)

And these are two screenshots of my desktop at 1920x1080:

And

I don't know if anyone else has the same, but I find the default font sizes there unpleasant and difficult to read and I generally zoom out in the Zettlr interface, and manually edit html files to make the fonts smaller or let something else render hml (of course, because I didn't do the research yet to have Zettlr do this by default)

I don't propose any changes to Zettlr per se, I'm posting this more as an awareness of a personal annoyance.

Comments

• It might be a good idea for me to add that reading in general is very difficult for me.

• (I don't know which resolution this would be.)

2k with 1440p on 27 inches :D

And yeah, concerning the fonts, this all relates to the fact that the styles need an update, but you can make use of custom CSS for this!

• @hendrik said:

but you can make use of custom CSS for this!

Can anyone post an example about fonts CSS, please?

I try

<style> p { font-size: 1em; } h1 { font-size: 1.5em; } </style>

but nothing chage

• edited July 31

There is some documentation about use of Custom CSS.

I'm not very good with CSS, but I suppose you can try something like below. (Change 2remto for example 3em to make it even bigger and to 1.5rem to make it smaller.)

body #editor .CodeMirror {
        font-size: 2rem;
    }

• @canpolat said:
    There is some documentation about use of Custom CSS.

I'm not very good with CSS, but I suppose you can try something like below. (Change 2remto for example 3em to make it even bigger and to 1.5rem to make it smaller.)

body #editor .CodeMirror {
        font-size: 2rem;
    }

It works, thank you! I always forget to RTFM. :)

• @argo said:
    It works, thank you! I always forget to RTFM. :)

I'm glad it helped.

BTW: The documentation is really detailed and I learned a lot (tips and tricks) while reading through it. "Guides" section is a good place to get some note taking ideas. Highly recommended ;)