We are currently planning to migrate to a different platform for the forum. We will announce this fact both here and on Twitter, once we have settled on a solution.

Some new lines are ignored when exporting a project.

Currently working on a book with Zettlr. The book is the project, each chapter is a MD file (53 files).

When I export the whole project, some eol are ignored : the sentences are merged into one single paragraph. What is even more strange : each line of dialog starts with "—". On the export, some are placed on the same line as the previous line.

What I don't understand is that I don't see any difference between a line which is ignored and one which is working right.

Let's copy past an example :

Original MD file:

— Écoute Eva, tu ne penses pas sérieusement que toutes ces précautions soient réellement nécessaires ?
— Je ne t’ai pas convaincu ?
— Je ne sais pas.

What is exported:

— Écoute Eva, tu ne penses pas sérieusement que toutes ces précautions soient réellement nécessaires ? — Je ne t’ai pas convaincu ?
— Je ne sais pas.

Comments

• edited August 15

Is it possible that some of these lines have additional spaces at the end of them? Or, more precisely, what is the general trailing space situation of these lines?

• I should check more in dept but it seems that I always add additional space after the ".". I'm curious : what is the expected behaviour exactly ?

• I must add that my goal is to make a script that would parse the whole manuscript to solve the issue. Don't want to do that for hundred of pages ;-)

• Zettlr implements the CommonMark spec and according to the "Hard line breaks" section of it, if you want a hard break (that is, the line breaks regardless and continues in the next line without creating a new paragraph) you will need to add two or more spaces at the end of such lines. So, if you want to have a line break without creating a new paragraph, you will need to add two spaces after each of these lines. Otherwise these will be treated as soft breaks and will be wrapped in.

I hope my explanation is clear.

• Thanks, that's really clear!