We are currently planning to migrate to a different platform for the forum. We will announce this fact both here and on Twitter, once we have settled on a solution.

Exporting Error

Just started using Zettlr a month ago and have been enjoying it very much so far, but I'm having an issue with exporting. I believe I've done everything correctly when it comes to setting up Pandoc and LaTeX, but I still get the following error. Not sure what to do next. Note: I'm using Ubuntu Studio.

Tagged:

Comments

• You have installed Pandoc 2.11. Unfortunately, right now, Zettlr only works out of the box with Pandoc 2.10.

So you have two options:

1. Remove Pandoc 2.11 and explicitly install Pandoc 2.10.
    2. Adapt the Pandoc command in the Advanced settings to use --citeproc rather than the %citeproc%-variable, but then you would need to pass the bibliography file in a different way (e.g. YAML frontmatter)
  • Thank you, Hendrik. I opted for option one and successfully removed 2.11 and installed pandoc 2.10. Unfortunately, now I'm getting a different error. Would you know how to fix it?

I realize that the solution for this may be very simple, but I have never used LaTeX before. I tried to fiddle around to find how to change the template so it doesn't require Times New Roman, but it's already taken me time I didn't expect to be spending on this and I need to actually get writing. I appreciate your assistance.

• "The font Times New Roman cannot be found" is the right error here. On most Linux systems it's not preinstalled. You can either change it (PDF Preferences in the File menu) to a font that is installed on your computer, or additionally install it (there are some packages, iirc)

• edited November 4

I have a linux system and am having trouble finding pandoc version 2.10

I had just reinstalled the current 2.11 but not easily finding 2.10. I've found release info but I'm not seeing obvious links to older versions

Actually...I just changed the github URL and found it: https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/releases/tag/2.10

• @hendrik said:
    "The font Times New Roman cannot be found" is the right error here. On most Linux systems it's not preinstalled. You can either change it (PDF Preferences in the File menu) to a font that is installed on your computer, or additionally install it (there are some packages, iirc)

I was able to install the ttf-mscorefonts-installer package and get Times New Roman. All is well now. Thank you for the assistance!