We are currently planning to migrate to a different platform for the forum. We will announce this fact both here and on Twitter, once we have settled on a solution.

Getting nocite: and reference-section-title: to work.

edited November 12 in General

I'm trying to design templates for different kinds of notes but having a devil of a time getting YAML entries "nocite:" and "reference-section-title:" to work.

Here's what the note should look like:

`---
note-type: Excerpt
title: Maynard's Revenge
author: Lance Taylor
page(s): 2
nocite: @taylorMaynardRevengeCollapseFree2011
reference-section-title: Sources {-}
keywords:
- excerpt singlewords
- multiple words with spaces

Excerpt {-}

"A doubling of the 'real' (corrected for inflation) price of housing served as collateral for mortgage loans."

Source {-}

[[20201019160544]]

But when it's exported as a pdf, this is what I get:

Excerpt
“A doubling of the ‘real’ (corrected for inflation) price of housing served as collateral for
mortgage loans.”

Source
[[20201019160544]]

However, if I use this markup (note the citation after the excerpt):

`---
note-type: Excerpt
title: Maynard's Revenge
author: Lance Taylor
page(s): 2
nocite: @taylorMaynardRevengeCollapseFree2011
reference-section-title: Sources {-}
keywords:
- excerpt singlewords
- multiple words with spaces

Excerpt {-}

"A doubling of the 'real' (corrected for inflation) price of housing served as collateral for mortgage loans"
[@taylorMaynardRevengeCollapseFree2011: 2].

Source {-}

[[20201019160544]]

then I get:

Excerpt
“A doubling of the ‘real’ (corrected for inflation) price of housing served as collateral for
mortgage loans” (Taylor 2011: 2).

Source
[[20201019160544]]
Taylor, Lance. 2011. Maynard’s Revenge: The Collapse of Free Market Macroeconomics.
Harvard University Press.

Here the citation generates the reference information. But notice two things:

1. The "reference-section-title" setting has no effect (still "Source" without "Sources" being added at the end.
  2. There has to be a citation. In other words, the "nocite" setting is having no effect.

What's wrong?

Comments

• Although YAML is a very forgiving format I'm pretty sure the braces in the pages-property cause problems.

• @hendrik said:
    Although YAML is a very forgiving format I'm pretty sure the braces in the pages-property cause problems.

Changing "page(s):" to "pages:" yields the same results as before: (1) reference-section-title: has no effect, and (2) the source specified as nocite: is not retrieved as a reference and does not appear anywhere in its expanded form.