We are currently planning to migrate to a different platform for the forum. We will announce this fact both here and on Twitter, once we have settled on a solution.

Extending _Project Settings_

Reason

I belong to a very small community group and would like to use Zettlr for maintaining our website, sending out notices, and record keeping etc.,. Our members are old so I want to craft versions for the chair, secretary and treasurer, plus a members version, epub and html5 would be the best formats for this purpose, and Zettlr’s project manager the easiest method to achieve this.

Proposal

A change to project settings, so that templates, CSL, biblio-source, and pandoc instructions can be used from the listbox ‘pdf, odt, docx, html’ as CUSTOM.

This would allow markdown to ‘whatever’ conversions as a project possibilities.

P.S.

I thought put this in the forum first to see what others think before putting in a feature submission.

Comments

• Hi. How do you make epub conversion from Zettlr?

• edited December 2020

@Filex said:
    Hi. How do you make epub conversion from Zettlr?

Indirectly through Pandoc commands which supports epub2 and 3, format. I would suggest doing it externally at first but then, in Zettlr you have change the pandoc command in preferences-advanced. I always copy out the old command and save it in a text file, it is personal, I suggest it is a good practise, but it also means I do not know if if there is another way of restoring the old command.

Sigil is a good opensource editor for epubs where you can adjust things, but also to extract CSS to latter feed into Zettlr. I have not looked yet but I think YAML data should also be imported.

In terms of the suggesting this feature in projects; correspondence scanned and formed quickly in Zettlr as a file, could compile a new epub record of all correspondence through Zettlr. Same with spreadsheet financial reports, these can be through different pandoc commands become tables and complied into epubs. I want our meeting decisions likewise saved. The idea is that our organisation not only keeps records and publishing them --- epubs could just as well be a pdf, but as people are more likely to read this on their phones at the meeting (no printing) epubs are superior.

• I can most certainly add the epub exporting buttons to the export window, that's not a problem, just open an issue!

• @hendrik said:
    I can most certainly add the epub exporting buttons to the export window, that's not a problem, just open an issue!

As always @hendrik grateful.

I have added Amend Project Settings with CUSTOM #1508, as a general setup option for projects, I like the defaults they really help when trying to work out how to treat a project --- I use a mixture of Latex, especially favouring Context, but once specifics like this and epubs, ect., intrude it is never-ending, a Custom choice would solve much.

Thanks again.