We are currently planning to migrate to a different platform for the forum. We will announce this fact both here and on Twitter, once we have settled on a solution.

Update 1.8.6: Windows/Linux Users Probably Need to Rename their Config folder

Hello,

just a quick message: I have been informed that on Windows and Linux, apparently the Zettlr 1.8.6 update changes its policy to require capital letter configuration folders. I have always intended for this to happen, but never managed to get it to work, so some change I did in the past month apparently finally did the trick. However, since macOS is a case-insensitive file system (both Zettlr and zettlr are the same for macOS), I did not notice this inconvenience and hence did not alert you to this prior.

But the mitigation is very easy: Simply rename your data folder from "zettlr" to "Zettlr" if you are affected.

You can find the path where this folder is located in our installation guide: https://docs.zettlr.com/en/install/

Sorry again!

Comments

• Thanks for the tip !
    With this release I also lost the icon program that appears in the task bar (i now just have a black background), I don't know where I could find it (Linux Mint).

And thanks a lot for Zettlr, I enjoy using it and discovering the zettelkasten method :smiley:

• It's ok, I copied the icon from /usr/share/icons/hicolor/0x0/apps to paste it in /usr/share/pixmaps !