We are currently planning to migrate to a different platform for the forum. We will announce this fact both here and on Twitter, once we have settled on a solution.

Different coulored tags

edited February 7 in Features

I recently discovered Zettlr and I am really in love with it. I just started my PhD project a few months ago and I was struggling to find good software to organise a good knowledge management system. However, there are two things I would like - maybe I can already fix this with custom css, but my knowledge of CSS is too limited to figure this out.

• Different coloured tags : I know you already can couple tags to colours. However what I would like is that specific kind of tags have different colours within the text.

The reason for this is that I want organise my system in such a way that different classes of tags have different colours. This how I already organise things in Obsidian. I have type tags that are grey and which tell me that a note is literature note or concept note or an author note. I have discipline tags which are red and tell me within which disciplines a note falls for example history, economics or philosophy. I also have status tags which tell me the status of certain note, those are purple. And finally I have keyword tags which are the standard color.

• Document titles as heading: I have previously used Notion and I use the Notion theme within Obsidian. One thing I like about Notion is that file names become also the titles of the document.

Comments

• Different coloured tags : I know you already can couple tags to colours. However what I would like is that specific kind of tags have different colours within the text.

That's planned for 2.0

Document titles as heading: I have previously used Notion and I use the Notion theme within Obsidian. One thing I like about Notion is that file names become also the titles of the document.

So that a filename is already added as a heading level 1? If so, this will be possible once templates are coming (again, possibly 2.0)

• edited February 17

Wow thanks that you as a developer of this app take the time to answer these questions! Concerning question 2, it is a heading which is bigger than heading level 1. It is more like the title level of a word document. See attached screenshot of how it is done in Obsidian - as you can see 'Hoofdstuk 1' is formatted as heading level 1, but the title document is even bigger

• Ah I see what you mean. Mh … this is information that is not really in the contents, I am always wary of including this info in the editor region (because that is really just reserved for file contents)