We are currently planning to migrate to a different platform for the forum. We will announce this fact both here and on Twitter, once we have settled on a solution.

Spell cheking

Hi everyone
After activating the pt-BR dictionary (brazilian portuguese), all words are underlined. Question: Did I do something wrong?
Thanks

Comments

• Sorry: "Spell checking"

• This is a bug in the library that we utilise for spellchecking. It's known, but nobody has had the time to rewrite the algorithm again.

The reason why this doesn't work is that the portugese dictionary is simply too large. Spellchecking also does not work with an Italian dictionary. I'll let you know once anything changes!

• Hi Hendrik. Thank you so much for the information and for creating this amazing software.

• The possibility of an integrated Portuguese dictionary in Zettlr would be interesting.

In the absence of this possibility, I followed the step by step process in docs.zettlr.com. In the dict folder I added too files (pt-PT.dic; pt-PT.aff), but couldn't select this dictionary from the settings.

Can someone help?

• @hendrik said:
    This is a bug in the library that we utilise for spellchecking. It's known, but nobody has had the time to rewrite the algorithm again.

The reason why this doesn't work is that the portugese dictionary is simply too large. Spellchecking also does not work with an Italian dictionary. I'll let you know once anything changes!

Solving this issue would be good..