We switched to a manual approval system for registration on this forum, as this makes it easier to keep bots out of the forum. We'll approve everybody who doesn't look like a bot!

Body text classes?

Hello

Starting off with Zettlr I found myself wanting to test the contrast of body text. As an experiment I tried this CSS:

body #editor {font-family:'IBM Plex Serif', serif; font-size: 14pt; color:#FF0000; } .cm-header {font-family:'IBM Plex Serf', serif; font-weight: 400; color:#FF0000; }

The result:

The header changed to red but the text did not. I have looked at various examples but cannot find the right CodeMirror class. Is it possible to change the text colour and which class should I modify?

Thank you

Ian

Comments

• Easiest way to figure it out (as somtimes some CSS classes override others for the same elements) is to activate debug mode, open the developer tools, and then use the element inspector to figure out the right classes. It's the most straightforward way!

• Hi. I’d like to do this. I’ve activated the debug mode in the app preference, but how do I open the developer tools to use the element inspector? Thanks you.

• @karlb said:
    Hi. I’d like to do this. I’ve activated the debug mode in the app preference, but how do I open the developer tools to use the element inspector? Thanks you.

Found it!

• @karlb said:

@karlb said:
    Hi. I’d like to do this. I’ve activated the debug mode in the app preference, but how do I open the developer tools to use the element inspector? Thanks you.

Found it!

May I suggest something? No offense, but "Found it" is a really useless comment for anyone following your discussion, dealing with similar problems and looking for solutions. If you already take the trouble to write an additional answer, please provide how you did something or, in this case, where you found it as well.
    Again, not trying to be mean, rude or anything - but this kind of "nevermind, I solved it myself" comments give me a hard time. :sweat_smile:

• @kaugummiheld said:

@karlb said:

@karlb said:

Found it!

May I suggest something? No offense, but "Found it" is a really useless comment for anyone following your discussion, dealing with similar problems and looking for solutions. If you already take the trouble to write an additional answer, please provide how you did something or, in this case, where you found it as well.
    Again, not trying to be mean, rude or anything - but this kind of "nevermind, I solved it myself" comments give me a hard time. :sweat_smile:

Sorry to give you a hard time. Read hendrik’s original comment at the top. He gives all the information. I followed his instructions and “found it”.