We are currently planning to migrate to a different platform for the forum. We will announce this fact both here and on Twitter, once we have settled on a solution.

Zettlr directories do not work with Cryptomator?

I recently added cryptomator to my workflow. Cryptomator creates an encrypted folder that is then mounted as a drive, see here for more info.

I wanted to direct Zettlr to this new Workspace, but it does not accept. The drive uses the following special characters: @_;- . Is it possible any of these prevent Zettlr from working properly?

Comments

• Pretty much that could be. I'm not sure how Node's filesystem API plays with any mounted drives.

• Is there any way to get it to work?

• I don't know unfortunately.

• It turns out Cryptomator is not the culprit. Other encrypted directories load just fine. It is my Zettelkasten folder that suddenly does not work anymore when I try to load it as a workspace. I get "system.error.open_root_error". The weirdest thing is that a direct copy of this folder works sometimes, as does a renamed folder (my folder was originally names Zettenkasten). Any idea what is going on?

In addition, some directories that I loaded in the past and now delete show up again when I reopen Zettlr.

• In addition, some directories that I loaded in the past and now delete show up again when I reopen Zettlr.

This is a feature primarily intended if you are working, e.g., from a USB stick. If Zettlr doesn't find a workspace you've once opened, it will still display the directory but indicate that it's not been found. Simply close these.

And with regard to the broken folder: Could be that there's some .ztr-directory-file in there that causes Zettlr to experience a hiccup

• There seemed to be an issue with very long file names. I set a max file name length to 80 characters and now it works much better.

Still many folders are not removed, such as Downloads, which I added only once. Where can I find this .ztr-directory-file? It is not in any of those folders (yes, hidden files are shown).

• Where can I find this .ztr-directory-file? It is not in any of those folders (yes, hidden files are shown).

If you're displaying hidden files and none shows up, then there isn't one. Do the logs show something that might be of help why that can't be opened …?

• edited July 14

I think the delete-issue lies with Cryptomator. I cannot delete folders in this main folder, which seems to occur more frequently. For good measure, I reinstalled Zettlr (removing the settings directory) and made a fresh copy of my ZK-directory. It seems to be in order now, and the old notes folder issue can be resolved when I feel up to it.