We are currently planning to migrate to a different platform for the forum. We will announce this fact both here and on Twitter, once we have settled on a solution.

Zettlr Tags in Latex commands

edited July 2 in General

Hi. Not sure if this is the right place for this kind of question.
I am using a mixture of latex and markdown for my thesis in Zettlr. E.g. I am using the epigraph package to insert a short quote at the start of each chapter. Now, my problem is that i'd like to use Zettlr citations inside my \epigraph command so that i get a footnote in there. Unfortunately Zettlr doesn't seem to resolve the citation inside the latex command. Is there a way to enforce this? I tried putting the Zettlr citation right after the latex command but then it obviously falls out of the environment (or minipage even) epigraph creates and the footnote is on the next line.

Comments

• I think within LaTeX commands you must use the direct LaTeX citation equivalent. I don't know which one that is, but basically instead of the square-brackets approach, you need the LaTeX citation equivalent: https://libguides.rhul.ac.uk/referencing/latex

• Good idea, thanks. I could not get that to work with the \cite command because it could not access my json bibliography files. That does not matter for me though. I just hacked it with the \footnotemark and \footnotetext commands and added the citation manually. Not a very stable and nice solution but it works for me.
    Thank you again.