We are currently planning to migrate to a different platform for the forum. We will announce this fact both here and on Twitter, once we have settled on a solution.

Navigate quickly between existing notes

Hi folks!
I can't find the way to navigate and view the notes quickly. I can open them one by one in different tabs and then cycle them, but this is not very comfortable if you have more than 5 notes. This is very necessary to review and seek for related notes in the zettelkasten.

According to the documentation there seems to be some "preview mode" with some associated shortcuts (see here) that would enable to "open next and previous files"... but cannot find a way to enable that mode and not reference to it in the documentation (only to the print/preview view, but seems that's a different functionality).

According to @hendrik there is some way to naviage the "file list" while previewing the notes... but I cannot see how to do it. If I press "up" or "down", the focus is always in the editor pane so the cursor is moved in the current open file. It doesn't change the file.

Any clue or idea if this is already possible or would require a new functionality?

Thanks!

Comments

• According to @hendrik there is some way to naviage the "file list" while previewing the notes... but I cannot see how to do it. If I press "up" or "down", the focus is always in the editor pane so the cursor is moved in the current open file. It doesn't change the file.

As I mentioned in the GitHub issue: The heading is my fault, it should read "file list" — you can navigate in the file list by first pressing Ctrl/Cmd+Shift+T, which focuses the file list, and then using the arrow keys to highlight a different note. Then press enter on the note you want to open and then it will open.

• Thanks @hendrik ! Now I see how it works.

I understand that the possibility of viewing the file's contents without opening the file for edition is not implemented and would require new functionality. Right?

• Yes, but fortunately it's already been implemented for the upcoming 2.0 release.