We switched to a manual approval system for registration on this forum, as this makes it easier to keep bots out of the forum. We'll approve everybody who doesn't look like a bot!

Problem scrolling editor text area

The editor text area doesn't move at all if I try scrolling while the mouse cursor is inside the area at the left of the text (apologies for the vague description; see screenshot).

Is that a known issue?
I'm running Zettlr 1.3.0 on OSX 10.11.6 and using an Apple Magic Mouse.

Comments

• Hey, this is due to the fact that there's a margin between the sidebar and the editor to create that spacing and also make sure the gutters work. It's known but shouldn't prove too bad. I may in the future try to do something with the area, but can't promise anything. Maybe it'll even be fixed in CodeMirror 6!

• Understood. Thanks for the clarification.
    Hope CM6 will improve because I'm finding myself trying to scroll that area more often than desired; it probably depends on the fact that when I select a file in the sidebar I often want to quickly scroll it so I move the mouse just a few mm to the right inside the text area (i.e. into the inactive margin)

• Yeah, I totally see your point. I've just grown accustomed to not being able to do anything (not even the known Word-Feature to simply select whole lines by click and dragging that area) so that I forgot about it