Zettlr review, feelings and desires
First things first: I am from Spain, my real name is Jose and I am a HSE supervisor and a writer in my free time. I have written about two novels and a bunch of short tales, so my main purpose for this software is writing fiction.
Among many others editors and creative writing sw I've used, I would mention Scrivener, yWriter, Quoll, Novelist, Bibisco; of course, but lately I prefer to write the first draft in a Markdown editor, such as Typora or Writemonkey.
I discovered Zettlr recently, and I would like to share my feelings about it:
Things I love:
- general design and structure;
- file tree in the sidebar;
- Autocorrect feature; to me, it is a must
Things I would like to improve:
- text editor appearance; I would specially like to possibility to indent the first line of each paragraph;
- merge/divide files feature;
- export of several files, in the order of my choosing;
- sorting at will of files inside virtual directories;
- automate paragraph breaks; I mean, if I hit enter, I would like a proper paragraph break, like in normal editors. (I know this is due to Markdown syntax, but it is a hassle.
Well, this is it. Thank you for your time and efforts!