We switched to a manual approval system for registration on this forum, as this makes it easier to keep bots out of the forum. We'll approve everybody who doesn't look like a bot!

Sidebar refresh on save

edited February 12 in General

I'm working with a collection of about 2000 messages, coding the contents of these files with #tags and tabulating them in a spreadsheet. The "Manage Tags" function in "Slim Mode" is very helpful as it quickly lets one see which files are #reviewed and which contain #issues for follow up.

When #tags are added to a note and the file saved (either crtl+s or upon switching from one note to another), the file list sidebar refreshes. Upon refresh, the sidebar defaults back to the top of the list and one's place in the list is lost. While the next note in the list remains properly selected, it is not displayed in the sidebar window and each time one must scroll down to find the note to ensure the correct file in the list is selected. Working through a long list of files, this scrolling to relocate the selected file can be tedious. It would be ideal if there was a way to configure the application so that upon refresh when saving, the sidebar view returned to the currently selected item in the list. I may be missing a feature or setting. Is there a way to do this? If not, would it be possible to implement such a thing? I suspect it would be useful for users working on large note archives. Perhaps there is an alternate workaround. If so, I'm interested to learn about it. Thanks in advance.

Tagged:

Comments

• Yep, it's a known issue and I haven't been able to get to doing it. It's a bug in the library I'm using for the sidebar. But switching it out requires some testing first :/

• Ok, thank you very much for the reply.

• Good news: I just had a look at the source again, and: shame on me. I just did some very minor extensions, and suddenly it works like a charm. Even the "scroll into view" functionality for the selected file is now working perfectly! New beta incoming in a few minutes!

• Wow! Thank you so much. I'm running the beta and it seems to work very smoothly. My mouse finger and wrist are so very grateful ;)