We switched to a manual approval system for registration on this forum, as this makes it easier to keep bots out of the forum. We'll approve everybody who doesn't look like a bot!

How to start 2 instances of the app?

How to start multiple instances at the same time? Is this possible? Would be nice to have possibility to work on specific zettelkasten and other zettelkasten linking to it on other monitor :)

I use Ubuntu 18.04 and a tilling working manager.

As far as I know I electroned this could be set globally in code by allowing only 1 or more instances of the app.

Comments

• While this would be possible, Zettlr is envisioned as a single-window app, but we'll have tabs soon!

• If possible, I would like to have the option of a dual-pane view (or 3 panes, if you count the sidebar) where I can type in the left/middle pane and see another note in the right pane. I know there is a QuickLook option, but I really don't like floating windows that I have to rearrange manually so they line up nicely. In Roam, shift+clicking on any linked note opens the note up in a "viewing pane" on the right with a slightly darker background, which is a good implementation.

When you implement tabs, it will be nice if you could include a keyboard shortcut to select tabs and to move them relative to each other. I recommend Ctrl+Page Up/Down for selecting and Ctrl+Shift+Page Up/Down for moving.

• So excited about TABS!

• So excited about TABS!

*tabs*

• I know there is a QuickLook option, but I really don't like floating windows that I have to rearrange manually so they line up nicely.

Yup, same here, which is why this will also come, but as split windows requires multiple CodeMirror-instances and the ZettlrEditor-class currently is a god-class, I have to get to that first :D